Close Quarters Combat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CQC Clan Forums

LISTEN TO OUR NEW MUSIC FROM OUR VERY OWN MUSIC PLAYER! FIND IT IN THE PORTAL!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 pm

Latest topics

» HEARTS GET SKYPE
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 pm by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y

» CQC SUCKS CQC SUCKS
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm by Fty|Kempo

» OMFG KEMPO WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU STUPID BRITISH BASTARD? GETTING BANNED FOR POSTING BY RAZ? oh.... well ok then...
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 pm by [CQC]Ninja*

» CQC|CARNAGE
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:01 pm by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y

» I dont trust raschoasihfadsghas
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm by Fty|Kempo

» Hitlerpussy
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 am by CQC|Raschy*

» XBOX 360 GAMERTAGS
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:17 am by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y

» plz think about it
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y

» Heartspro aka n00b
Tactics, Tips, and Tricks EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:42 pm by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y

+9
CQC.RaM
mallardman12
CQC[Smee
MojoMan
FotR]Gandalf
[CQC]Jim Bob the 2nd
[RoT]WEAPON_T-Y
[CQC]ZONIKE
[RoT/CQC]Haka
13 posters

Tactics, Tips, and Tricks

[RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 34
    Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Empty Tactics, Tips, and Tricks

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:37 pm

hi guys,

i thought i'd start a section on tactics, tips, and tricks that we can share with each other as a way to help us each improve individually and as a team. for me, one of the fun parts of joining a clan is the teamwork aspect that i don't usually get playing w/ random people. i love watching and playing team sports like football (both american and international), ultimate frisbee, basketball, etc and i've seen how awesome teamwork + awesome individual skills really makes a difference in games. so without further ado, i'll introduce some basic tactical concepts -most people know this inherently, but it's good review. i'm not the best shooter, but i try to use tactics to win. feel free to share your own!

enfilade and defilade
    defilade fire: defilade fire is firing from an entrenched position with cover or concealment to shield oneself from the enemy. oftentimes on cliffside people will entrench themselves behind sandbags or in the bunkers and rain down lead on would-be attackers; i oftentimes get quite a few kills this way as you have the advantage of having a smaller profile while the enemy is usually completely exposed in the open.

enfilade fire: enfilade fire is when one fires down the longest axis of troop concentrations, which is advantageous as if you miss the first guy, you have a good chance of hitting someone else further down the line. this is also called flanking fire and can be extremely effective against enemies in fortified positions. good enfilade fire against the previous locations is a position from the sides of the sandbags and the bunkers. usually, it's best to do so either with complete surprise or to have cover from the position you shoot from.

when using defilade fire (entrenched fire), it's best to make sure that someone is protecting your flanks or to have betties set up -especially if you're sniping. i've had many a time where a teammate appeared to be guarding the flank and the next, he left that position and i've gotten screwed over -so be extra careful if your teammate leaves or if you're working w/ your teammate to cover that flank. so next time you play w/ a clan mate, work together and rack up some more kills!
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    General
    General

Number of posts : 123
    Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-20

Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Empty Re: Tactics, Tips, and Tricks

Post by [CQC]ZONIKE Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

lol ive seen like 3 of these back in the day when CQC just started but this is some good Sugar Honey Iced Tea
    [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y
    Commander
    Commander

Number of posts : 314
    Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Awesome! good deal Haka =)
    [CQC]Jim Bob the 2nd
    [CQC]Jim Bob the 2nd
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 42

Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post by [CQC]Jim Bob the 2nd Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 am

When in doubt, run it out (My rule of being attacked, if your not sure your gonna come out breathing, run)

When things look dim, call for Jim (Your friendly neighborhood sniperman)

If in scope, throw a smoke (If someone's aiming at you, disappear into the smoke!)

Don't get laid, THROW A NADE! (Don't run into a fortified position shooting when you can flush them out with grenades)
    [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y
    Commander
    Commander

Number of posts : 314

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by [RoT]WEAPON_T-Y Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:34 am

once again, jim bob for the fucking win
    FotR]Gandalf
    FotR]Gandalf
    General
    General

Number of posts : 109
    Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tactics, Tips, and Tricks Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-12

Post by FotR]Gandalf Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 am

I agree. Hows this for tips and Tricks? Kill others. Don't be killed.
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Lol... right on Jim Bob and Heavey! hmmm... reminds me of Patton:

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

frag on, guys!
    MojoMan
    MojoMan
    Noob
    Noob

Number of posts : 15

Registration date : 2009-07-30

Post by MojoMan Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:53 pm

[CQC]Haka wrote:
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

I like it!
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Number of posts : 73

Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by CQC[Smee Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 pm

i know another good tactic, all use machineguns(like MG42 or BROWNING) and then if there camping all attack at once but go in at diffrent sides so they have no wears to run.i see this when i play cod, when i join matches with clans in it they all start out with machineguns and they rush to the other base. so i thought this would good just in case they camp. so try it Smile
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:06 am

CQC[Smee wrote:i know another good tactic, all use machineguns(like MG42 or BROWNING) and then if there camping all attack at once but go in at diffrent sides so they have no wears to run.i see this when i play cod, when i join matches with clans in it they all start out with machineguns and they rush to the other base. so i thought this would good just in case they camp. so try it Smile

great! that's like the classic flanking/pincer manuever. was reading this book called "Never Surrender" by LTG Jerry Boykin about delta force (actually met the guy and it's a really good read!) and he talked about some of the basic tactics they use against enemies -speed, surprise, and violence of action which is the premise of that tactic -rush the enemy, swarm him, and unleash hell before he knows what hit him. this can be especially effective if the enemy has the wrong weaponry for cqc (i.e. bolt-action snipers).

remember, tho... for every tactic, there is a counter-tactic. rushing a well-prepared enemy can be suicidal. to counter that particular rush, setting up betties at critical chokepoints (just hidden from view to the rusher) and being prepared to pour lead down the chokepoints with other teammates (overlapping fields of fire) can defeat the rush. also, if the rush slows down, occasionally someone can emerge from behind the rushers and outflank the flankers. target-fixation and over pursuit can be one's undoing. one good example of this is at the j-spawn house in makin, which can be quite defensible.
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    General
    General

Post by [CQC]ZONIKE Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 pm

[RoT/CQC]Haka wrote:Lol... right on Jim Bob and Heavey! hmmm... reminds me of Patton:

frag on, guys!

who ever said that is a fucking awesome genius he deserves a themesong
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

well if you rush you should have the bettie thing where you can spot them out so if you do rush you can stop and blow it up. and if they are suicidal then just like knife them or something then run.
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 pm

oh i thought of another one......you have a sniper, submachineGun, and 2 machineGuns.......with this one you have the sniper to cover the machine guns when they charge up the middle then you have the submachine for the sneek attack, he goes a diffrent way but in cover. so say your on cliffside you have the sniper stay back and snipe, you have the machineGuns go up the middle, and the submachineGun person go around the side.this will work if you talk about it like who uses what gun and where to go.remember machine guns dont have to do anything because he gets the other people to look at him so the submachine gun guy can go and kill them. Smile oh yea for sniper set up betties just in case they get in!
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 pm

[CQC]ZONIKE wrote:
    [RoT/CQC]Haka wrote:Lol... right on Jim Bob and Heavey! hmmm... reminds me of Patton:

frag on, guys!

who ever said that is a fucking awesome genius he deserves a themesong

that was General George S. Patton, one of the most famous generals in WWII. went to west point and was instrumental in armored warfare and beating back hitler's last gasp -the battle of the bulge- among other things. handed the germans their asses many a time... he also said something about the M1 Garand rifle:

"The greatest implement of battle ever devised."

sadly, i think the garand is a bit nerfed in this game compared to the other semi-autos available. limited ROF and poor sights. patton would be ashamed... :-/

Edit: here's a youtube trailer of the movie "Patton"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L9FMBbFJZY
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:36 pm

all of this tactic stuff reminds me of a good movie called Saveing Pvt.Ryan. this movie is just a good war movie and if you like war watch it.
    mallardman12
    Noob
    Noob

Number of posts : 24

Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post by mallardman12 Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:25 pm

that is actually my favorite movie!
    guys the best way to survive and get kills in big maps is too have a MG+sniper right next to eachother. it works great!
    CQC.RaM
    CQC.RaM
    Captain
    Captain

Number of posts : 60

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by CQC.RaM Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:44 pm

WOW!!! I just finally read this whole post and HAKA (eventhough IDK who the F U are) YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Very nice post.. Whats your FC we gotta play...

ALSO a big ATTTA BOY to JB and Smee.

HAKA btw... the scoped M1 is SO... deadly in a HC game. You need to try it... If you have only used this in the TDM mode I can understand you saying what a POS (pattn would be ashamed) leave it an pick up another pistol and roll HITMAN style or somethin.

RaM
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 pm

HAKA i need you too heres my FC, 043117504875
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 pm

CQC[Smee wrote:all of this tactic stuff reminds me of a good movie called Saveing Pvt.Ryan. this movie is just a good war movie and if you like war watch it.

dude, "Saving Private Ryan" freakin rocks! too bad WaW only has the PTO (US vs Jpn) and Eastern Front (USSR vs. Nazis) in it.

mallardman12 wrote:guys the best way to survive and get kills in big maps is too have a MG+sniper right next to eachother. it works great!

yeah... i love doing this. team up w/ a sniper and beat the crap outta ppl. plus w/ the sniper's betties and the mg's ridiculous killing power from a good defensible position... you're just about unstoppable. enemies keep on coming, you keep on killing, and your other teammates can flank 'em from behind... hammer and anvil anyone? just have to watch out for those horrible spawns...
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:54 pm

oh yea ram scoped M1 is good in TDM too its like a real sniper but semi and better.
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:56 pm

oh yeah.. here's my FC guys: 2364-4279-4982. i may be on later tonight (i'm on pacific daylight time). i'll add you next chance i get... let's go punk some noobs!
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:59 pm

dont warry i stay up till like 4AM every day well when school starts i wont i can only stay up till like 9PM Sad
    [RoT/CQC]Haka
    Private
    Private

Post by [RoT/CQC]Haka Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:34 am

YEAH! finally unlocked a decent mg -the mg42. time to start taking my revenge... note: to fire the mg42 w/ any accuracy, you need to fire in short bursts; 1 maybe 2 bursts is usually all it takes to take down an enemy. plus it's great for spamming fortified enemy positions (given you have good cover). mgs are just monsters at getting lotsa kills... those and smgs... they just rock when i start getting frustrated :-P now i just need to unlock bandolier and the browning m1919 .30cal and i'll be all set! lol... the more thought i put into it, the more i realize that i like mgs; ok... i'm beat O_o goodnight friends!
    CQC[Smee
    CQC[Smee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by CQC[Smee Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:37 am

i think PPSH is like best then Browning well Browning first
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    [CQC]ZONIKE
    General
    General

Post by [CQC]ZONIKE Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 am

nah the browning owns more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am